Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Horrid Henry Falls in Love



Horrid Henry was at school. Ms Natasha, Henry's teacher, was announcing that a new girl was joining the class. Ms Natasha also said that her name was Jelly Jessie.

When Jessie came into the classroom Horrid Henry nearly fainted. Horrid Henry had never seen such a beautiful girl. Henry and Jessie became close friends. After school, when Henry was home, he couldn't stop thinking about her.

The next day Henry actually fainted. He couldn't believe his ears. Jessie had asked him out. They went to a fast food restaurant. After eating a pizza, Henry burped. Jessie laughed. "Henry, you're so funny," she said.

Quickly, Henry said: "Let's have some dessert."

"Ok, my little pumpkin," she replied. Henry had a triple scoop of chocolate ice-cream and Jessie had a triple scoop of strawberry ice-cream. They had a great time together, chatting and laughing all through the evening. But when the waiter brought the bill, Henry looked worried.

"Do you have any money on you, Henry?" asked Jessie.

"No. How about you, Jessie?" he replied.

"I don't have money with me. I have my clips, a brush, some string, chewing gum and my glasses."

"Why on earth do you have all those things in your pocket?" asked Henry.

"I'm going to my grandmother. What do you expect?"

"Jessie, you stay here while I go and get some money from home." Henry ran it all the way home and asked his mum for some money. She gave him €1. "Can you give me a bit more?" he asked.

"You're going to have to pay me back," she said.

"No problem," said Henry and his mother gave him €20. He sprinted back to the restaurant. Jessie was waiting for him. He paid the bill.

When they left Henry and Jessie decided not to date anymore but remain good friends. But the following day, Ms Natasha announced that another girl was joining the class and when Henry saw her...

Georgina - Grade 5

No comments: